Most relationships follow a similar pattern. They start off in a wild frenzy of passion and emotion, then slowly evolve into a routine characterized by comfort and familiarity – and some even become as “safe” as the million-dollar security system. While that progression isn’t completely bad, it can take its toll in certain areas – like intimate activities.
Even the closest couples go through a lull in their relationships. But it doesn’t take a lot to bring the enthusiasm and mystery back into the bedroom (and other rooms of the house!). Here are seven suggestions for spicing up your love life.
1. Start by doing something nice. Grand gestures are great, but it’s easier to do a small task or provide a tiny perk – and it may be just as effective. It can be as simple as doing the dishes or bringing your loved one a drink.
2. Change it up. You don’t have to make love in the same place at the same time in the same way. Try some new positions or activities. Have sex during the morning or the middle of the day if you typically get down and dirty at night. And pick out a different room for your lovemaking – and it doesn’t even have to have a bed!
3. Set up a date night. Remember how thrilling it was when you were courting each other? Rekindle the excitement by scheduling a special date night, and don’t be afraid to get creative. Just make sure it ends in the bedroom – or hotel room – or wherever. Or, you can…
4. Incorporate surprises. Again, they don’t have to be super elaborate. Wearing lingerie under a work outfit, putting on romantic music for no reason, or even flashing your significant other out of the blue are great ways to surprise your
5. Utilize foreshadowing. Since sex is as much mental as it is physical (even more so), start by getting into your partner’s head. For instance, before they leave for the day, tell them exactly what will be waiting for them when they get home.
They’ll think about it all day long – and it will be worth the wait!
6. Use some aids. When it comes to love, it’s perfectly okay to bring something else to the party. So take a stroll through a romantic clothing or “toy” shop. Or rent an adult video. You can still be unorthodox and remain in your comfort zones.
7. Communicate. Just like a relationship, sex is a two-way street. You have to express your feelings and desires to your partner and ask questions about what he or she wants (you might be surprised at the answers!). The more you know about each other, the better your sex life will be.
Those were our favorite seven ways of spicing up your love life and adding some excitement. What tips would you like to share with fellow readers who see the need to add some pizzazz to the bedroom?
Image credit: gracenglamour.com
Rate This Post:
Did you like this article? Submit it to your favorite social bookmarking sites: